Your donations support our shelters and local women, children and other survivors in transition. Your support makes a huge difference for these families, thank you!
Wishlist for Shelter Goods
- Gift Cards GO A LONG WAY…. Suggestions include gas cards, food cards, and phone cards – Irving gas cards , Hannafords, Aldi’s or Price Chopper food cards and Tracfone 60-minute refill cards are the most useful!
- Extra-long twin bed sheets
- Regular length twin sheet sets
- New Pillows
- Tampons, pads, etc.
- Monetary donations to help us continue providing resources, support, and shelter: Click here to give (Thank you!)
Wishlist for Women in Shelter
Any amount is helpful – a dozen of anything would provide for all in shelter : )
- Full-size personal care items – shampoos, soaps, lotions, nail-care kits, etc.
- Rain Boots – any and all adult sizes
- Day planners (smaller size is better)
- Journals (smaller size is better)
Shelter Wishlist for Kids and Teens
- Little people, animals, and furniture (the chunky kind babies can’t choke on) for our dollhouses and toy barns
- Building blocks
- Non-traditional dolls– e.g. people of color, with disabilities, male, elders, different body shapes and sizes, various ethnicities. Like these, this one or these feminist dolls!
- Good quality fine-tip markers, pens, colored pencils, etc., for use with adult coloring pages
In general, we’re looking for toys that:
- Are sturdy and durable
- Encourage safe, active play
- Encourage creativity
- Do not have a lot of small parts that could get lost or be a choking hazard
- Do not promote gender stereotypes, and are not excessively pink or blue
- Are non-violent
Some ideas here: https://www.amightygirl.com
If you are interested in donating any of these items or have questions about other material goods you’d like to donate please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-7364 (Mon-Friday) for more information.
Women’s Freedom Center
P.O. Box 933
Brattleboro, VT 05302